Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Would you like some wings with that wine?

I know, I know, the title of this post is kinda cheesy (haha! you can have some cheese with  your wine too!) but I just had to do it!  The whole point of the "wings" with your wine is that Brian and I went to an air show last weekend in Sonoma.  The air show was titled "Wings Over Wine Country" and we had a blast!  The weather started off kinda chilly and a little iffy, but by the end of the day, the sun came out and it was absolutely beautiful!  One look at Brian's sunburned face and my raccoon eyes and you can see how sunny it got!  There were tons of old cars from WWI and WWII, as well as old and new planes.  I have always loved going to air shows...I think they are so entertaining and I am in awe of the people who can fly these planes and not get sick!  They do all kinds of loops and upside-down tricks and somehow manage to keep down their lunch:)  Like most air shows, they had all kinds of fun biplanes and trick planes, but they also had all kinds of military planes.  Brian's favorites were the fighter jets...I'm not gonna lie...they're my favorite too although they are crazy loud when they are flying right over your head!  It's unreal how fast these planes are able to go!  One of them actually broke the sound barrier and you could hear the sonic boom!  All in all, we had a great time watching the planes and looking at all the neat planes and cars that were part of the museum!  

Old WWII plane...this is the kind you see in the movies!



An old Army jeep...they weren't going anywhere fast!



Brian inside a Navy Top Gun fighter



Me inside the fighter...it was cramped up there!  I don't know how they do it!

Fighter

Fighter

One of the trick planes doing curly-cues all the way down

C-17...this plane is unreal!  To put it in perspective...it would take you 4 days to fill up the gas tank at a normal gas pump!  A C-17 is one of the planes they use to fly troops over to the Middle East.  The wing spand of this plane is about 50 yards...half of a football field!

Sitting inside the C-17

Random people getting in the back of the C-17

1 comment:

  1. The fighters are my favorite too...but maybe I'm a little biased!! ;-) Hope you guys are enjoying Cali!

    ReplyDelete