Sunday, August 22, 2010

And the fun continues...

Soon after my brother and his girlfriend left, my long time friend, Susan, came with her fiance, Joe.  Susan and Joe flew into Sacramento on the 10th, where I picked them up.  We stopped on the way home in a cute little college town called Davis, home of UC Davis for those of you who are familiar with it.  Since Susan and Joe really wanted to see San Francisco, they decided they would go straight to San Fran that day and stay there for a few nights.  Unfortunately, Brian and I couldn't make it so the two of them unknowingly volunteered to be my guinea pigs for a train system known as BART (Bay Area Rail Transit).  One of the stations is pretty close to my house so I dropped them off there and it took them all the way into the city.  I love my friends, but I don't love the traffic so this is a great option for anyone else who wants to come visit!  It also saves me some money since I don't have to go through the $5 toll roads...that's right 5 freaking dollars...no just 50 cents or a dollar like I was use to, but a whole whopping 5 bucks to and from San Francisco.  Not to mention, the traffic is generally terrible!  Anyway, Susan and Joe stayed in SF for two nights and then took BART back up this way where I met them and then headed out to Muir Woods.  We went to Napa on Friday, and on Saturday, Brian was able to join us so we went to Monterey and Carmel.  Although the weather was kinda crappy that day, Monterey and Carmel might be two of my favorite places!  It was absolutely beautiful...not to mention the houses were ridiculous!  I am definitely making plans on going back there and making a weekend out of it...I already told Brian that Carmel would be a great place to celebrate our anniversary next year!

Sadly, on Sunday, Joe had to leave so he could get back to work, but Susan was able to stay with me until Wednesday.  After dropping Joe off at the airport, Susan and I decided to go to El Dorado National Forest to go hiking since we were already about half way there.  It's unreal how clear the water is and how beautiful the view are!  We had a great time and were definitely worn out at the end of the day.  The next two days were full of shopping and laying out by the pool catching up on girl talk stuff and planning Susan's wedding.  We had a great time!  I was looking forward to their visit since we got here and I can't believe that they are already gone:(

Sus and I by a big tree in Muir Woods

Joe and I in a big tree

Sus and I at a winery

Wine tasting:)

Lover's Point in Monterey

The lovers on Lover's Point

The other lovers on Lover's Point



Just your ordinary tee box...yea right!

At least they try to warn you...





I just think this is a cute picture:)

Hiking in El Dorado National Forest

Attempting to take a picture of ourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment