Friday, July 23, 2010

A walk on the wild side

I know I'm a little behind on posting, but I promise to catch up asap!  I did want to put some pictures up of the area around our home.  Many of you know that I like to walk/run with Vida everyday.  The first day we were here, we decided to take a walk to see what was around.  We turned out of our neighborhood, and walked down a nice, green, tree lined paved walking trail that parallels one of the main roads (it's not a very busy road though).  We continued walking for about 3/4 of a mile when the overhanging trees ended and opened up into a beautiful view of the mountains, vineyards, and horse pastures.  While on our walk we saw a fox carrying something in its mouth, horses, quails, a family of wild turkeys and tons of different birds.  Needless to say, it's beautiful!  The weather's not bad either!  So far, we have only turned our air on 2 times and for short amounts of time...mainly to cool off the upstairs part of the house.  We have been sleeping with our windows open!  During the day there is ZERO HUMIDITY!!  Did you hear that!?  ZERO HUMIDITY!?  My hair practically dries in 5 minutes without a blow dryer!  And it's only about 75 - 90 degrees with a continuous breeze!  Our back yard is very shaded so it never feel like 90 if it ever gets that hot.  At night, it is breezy as well and the temperature drops to about 55-60.  It's actually kinda cold!  It's always a good idea to have a jacket with you around here especially if you're going to be out at night.  In fact, most days when I walk Vida I have to wear a light jacket cause the breeze is so strong and cool.  I'm not complaining though...it's definitely a nice break from the south's humidity and heat.  I can actually hang out outside and not sweat to death or get eaten by mosquitos!  Anyway, here are some pictures to enjoy:)

The pretty mountains/big hills

Vineyards on our walk

Horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment