Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Kicking it into Third Year

The title of this post is a little misleading in that we're really about to wrap up the triplets' third year and begin their fourth!  I can't believe those words just came out of my mouth...my kids will be three in a month and a half and this summer will be their fourth summer with us!  WHAT!?!  How did that happen?  I guess what they say is true... time flies when you're having fun!  Well, I don't necessarily know if "fun" is the right word to describe my emotions every minute...there are times when exhausting, frustrating, crazy, and out of control seem to describe my life better but we'll roll with "fun" because I'm pretty sure that's the way the kids see it.

Obviously a lot has changed since the last time I've posted...I'm trying to get better at setting some time aside to do this as it's a great way for me to keep up with family and friends and not to mention it's a great chronicle of our life!  Since I last posted (May of last year - yikes!) the kids have grown leaps and bounds.  They talk like crazy, ask questions, tell me stories, tell on each other (luckily they haven't really figured out how to lie yet...they mainly just own up to any accusations made by the other - unless the tattler is lying...now I'm starting to wonder), play independently a lot more and can run circles around me and Brian no problem.  The kids started to go to a mommy's morning out preschool last August which has been amazing not only for me, but for them.  As triplets, they are kind of their own little gang of best friends - always watching out for each other and only wanting to play with each other.  School gives them a chance to not only socialize with other kids, but for them to take orders and follow directions from another adult besides me or Brian.  While they're in school, I usually go grocery shopping and/or workout.  Of course I always have a list of a million things I want to do, but I can never decide where to start so none of it ever gets done...and so goes the life of a procrastinator.

All in all things are great!  We're gearing up for a summer of fun as the kids love to go outside and ride their tricycles, play in the water/mud, go for walks, draw with sidewalk chalk and hopefully learn to swim a little better than last summer.  We're also in the process of starting to pack some things up as we will be moving to Chapel Hill, NC in late July.  Brian has been accepted to the UNC Orthodontics residency so we will be ending our time with the Air Force and going back to school.  We've had a wonderful time in the Air Force and are so lucky to have been stationed at two really cool locations, but we're ready to take on this new chapter in our lives.  So just to get everyone caught up, here's a break down of each kid and their craziness:

Bryce:  He's your typical little boy.  We're pretty sure he thinks he's a dinosaur/lion (something that roars a lot) trapped in a WWE ring... When Brian gets home our living room turns into some sort of a gladiator wresting match and all I can hear is Bryce roaring and being "sceery" (scary) as he attacks his sisters and Brian.  He loves cars, trucks, planes, popsicles, "pinkle" (sprinkle) cookies, bouncy balls and just being outside.  Bryce talks about himself in third person and it's actually quite entertaining...we're working on getting the whole pronoun thing figured out but for now it's hilarious!

Ava:  She's still our shy little one, especially when we're around people she doesn't know.  At home with us, she's a happy, funny, smily, sweet little girl who loves to do things herself.  She always helps pick up toys and is our best eater but still somehow remains the smallest of the three.  Ava loves Frozen, Little Mermaid, chalk, coloring, animals, "farma john" cheese (parmesean cheese), playing dress up and her tricycle.  I kinda think she really likes to get all of my attention because if I don't listen to her, she starts calling me by my first name which is really funny to hear.  She also informed me the other day that she only says "Please" for Grandpa...we're working on her manners:)

Emma:  Emma is the little mommy of the group...sometimes I feel like I could just leave and she would run the house and have everything in order when I got back.  She likes to do everything for everyone.  In fact, this morning, Bryce was whining (shocking that one of the three is whining...I know) for his milk which was on the counter in the kitchen so Emma ran to the kitchen to go and get it.  She comes running back with it and says "Here you go Byce."  Well, Bryce didn't want Emma to get it, he wanted Mommy to get it, so Emma hands it to me and says to Bryce, "Here Mommy will give it to you Byce."  She just seems to "get" things, although sometimes this backfires as she thinks she can do everything and gets upset when I tell her she can't.  She's a snuggle bug though and loves to cuddle up in a blanket and watch a movie.  Emma loves being outside, riding her tricycle or scooter, coloring with chalk or markers, painting, puzzles, and playing dress up.

Me and Brian:  After a few long months of training, Brian and I both became Disney Princesses in February when we ran our first half marathon at the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  Brian ran it in some crazy fast time, but I just trucked along and finished in two hours and forty minutes or so.  It was a great experience, but I haven't run hardly at all since if that tells you how I really feel about it:).  I'm just staying busy chasing three little ones around all day while Brian is golfing... I mean working... at the Air Force base clinic.  We are starting to get things rolling in regards to our move later this summer...the logistics of moving with three kids are already making me feel dizzy.  Luckily, we have parents who are willing to help out by taking the kids and letting us have a nice relaxing time moving...I'm sure that's what we'll be referring to it when it's upon us:).  Anyway, I'll be posting updates more often as this is something I really do enjoy doing and I hope y'all enjoy reading it!





























No comments:

Post a Comment