Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Muir Beach Hike and Sunset

I'm way behind on blogging but while my parents were still here we went to Muir Beach after a hike in Muir Woods.  The weather was absolutely beautiful (if you ever want to come to CA, the best time is in September, October and November)!!  The beach was gorgeous...no clouds nor fog which is rare!  Anyway, I decided to hike up the hill which didn't look as big as it turned out to be.  Originally, I thought that I was the only one that was going to make it to the tippy top so I ran up the hill and about had a heart attack once I finally got up there.  Just about when I was ready to make the trip back down, my parents were about 3/4 of the way up so I decided to go back up with them to see the sunset.  It was absolutely beautiful!  The top of the hill is actually part of the California Coastal Trail which is kind of like the west coast version of the Appalachian Trail...it stretches most of the California Coast and has some beautiful views and scenery along the way.  Anyway, here are some pictures from Muir Beach and Muir Woods that day.

 They made it to the top of the hill in Muir Woods!




Huge tree!!

I walked out to the very tippy point which was a lot scarier than it looks!  There were dead drop off cliffs behind me!

Pretty sunset

I'm the little white dot on the top of the hill.


Coast line from the top of the hill


No comments:

Post a Comment